Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Quit Smoking - Inspiring Stories

I had a session today on quit smoking and came across the following real life stories.

The guy who took the session had been smoking for last 22 years and suddenly one day he left smoking why? It happened. He and his daughter were watching TV and the serial running on TV was showing how the father of the fiancee takes her daughter to the altar and suddenly her 7 year daughter asks him to practice it with him. Only one thing started rolling in this man’s mind, “Will I make it till her wedding ”. Will a man smoking 30+ cigarettes a day for 22 years make it till the wedding of his daughter and he left smoking at that very moment.

Another experience came from delivery manager of the company I work for. His sister and brother in law Amit who stayed in Australia had a happy going life. Amit was a chronic smoker for almost 26 years. But after marriage it was 10 long years and still the couple was unable to conceive. So they thought of adopting. They went through all the hassles of Australian and Indian law to adopt a child from Bombay orphanage to take her to Australia. The Adoption cost was soaring and in the end when in Australia the medical checkup revealed that the adopted baby girl had a hole in the heart. There was always a option of changing the child. But Amit was so shocked with the incidence of a 3 year old baby having a hole on heart. He decided to adopt the child and take care of her in all terms, of which quitting the smoking was genuine part for his memory rolled in future for "if something happens to him what would be happen to the baby girl and his sweet wife whom he loved so much".

I myself had tried to quit smoking a couple of times but failed after 45 days of no cigarette. In my case it happened that I was told by one of my senior that "If you can't control smoking how can you ever have control of your life" When I thought this sentence had a much deeper meaning in it. After that I was determined to leave the white two inch thing. Unfortunately after 45 days a situation came where nothing was under control and I was a looser again.

I would like to suggest don't wait for a incidence to happen in your life. Please quit smoking now.

Related Article:
Hookah Smoking Health Risks
Effects of Second Hand Smoke On Children
Second Hand Smoke and Stroke




No comments:

Post a Comment